Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: You gotta see it to believe it....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's an e-bay auction now (seach for American Girl Dolls Special)that is selling for the low low price of $1.99 information on how to get HSH books for only 49 cents and dolls (Gwen and Hallie) for $12!

    I really hope no one bids on it. I'm writing down the sellers name, to be sure I NEVER bid on anything of hers.


    Jo

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 30, 2006 04:31 PM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is low. Can't e-bay ban them?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just saw that and was going to post it too! I would be so mad if I "purchased" that! I feel so sorry for anyone that does!

    ~Dee

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year people were selling the $10 discount code that came with the movie. I saw lots of those.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! Wonder if it's a board member -- those prices just kicked in today.

    I've seen people selling the codes before, but this is a new low.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Whoah, way not cool.

    Hmm... think someone can counter that by posting the same information "deal" for free or for like a penny or posting the info in another auction?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting: this person has had to change their I.D. twice. Also, a very rude response to whoever wrote to them. I can't believe they'd actually post that with the "questions."

    (Edit: forgot the "m" at the end of "them")

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 30, 2006 05:17 PM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's amazing! HB saved me $1.99 this morning! LOL.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 30, 2006 05:21 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Lara423's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2005
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent her a big "shame on you" too. I can't beleive what some people will do to make a buck.

    Lara

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jerseycow6:
    Interesting: this person has had to change their I.D. twice. Also, a very rude response to whoever wrote to them. I can't believe they'd actually post that with the "questions."

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was me! I was just about to post it here. I can' believe she posted that either! I responded to her too:


    It doesn't matter if you're selling a link, or the info on how to go to the website. As an avid AG collector, a true lover of these dolls, I can tell you that what you're doing is wrong. You're exploiting the eBay system and scamming unsuspecting doll lovers for your own gain. If you truly cared about helping people get dolls cheaper, then you would be giving the info away intead of charging for it. You are as bad as those you say you are fighting against. I'm just calling you on it, and you don't like it because I'm right.

    She wrote back:

    You dont get it do you?
    Most know that info is being 'sold' they ask a question and the seller gives it.
    I have yet to 'sell' any of these and have already sent the link to many.......


    Now I see what she says she's "trying" to do. She thinks that she IS giving away the info, but in some weird way I guess she thinks she has to put it up in a BIN fashion. It still doesn't sit well with me, because $1.99 is a low enough BIN that unsuspecting people WILL buy it, and she'll still profit from it. If all she was interested in doing was giving the info away, then she should have put it up as a BIN of somthing like .01 cent. I think she needs to reevaluate her business practices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •